Change of address
Your are moving soon! Keep this list as a reminder of where to make your change of address.
First, have your mail redirected with Canada Post so that you don’t miss any mail that would have gone to your old address. The cost is approximately $61 for 4 months and $92 for 12 months.
Use the Service québécois de changement d’adresse (SQCA) to send your new address, in one step, to the following 6 ministries and organizations:
1. Elections Quebec
2. Ministry of Labour and Employment and Social Solidarity.
4. Retirement Quebec
5. Revenu Québec
- Revenue Canada
- Revenu Québec
- Family Allowances
- Health insurance
- Régie des rentes du Québec
Set and close the following accounts:
- Water/Electricity Hydro-Québec
- Telephone company
- Internet, cable and telephone provider.
- Gas/oil retailer
- Alarm system company
Cancel home deliveries
Notify insurance companies
- Housing (should already be done)
- Health/Health Life/Medication
Notify the school board
- Report cards – school records
- Bus schedule and route
- Review or adjust your will as needed
- Credit cards
- Desjardins Bank/Caisse populaire
- Club and association
- Online store (Amazon, Wal-Mart, Costco etc…)
And of course, don’t forget to add my contact information in your address book